Welcome to Singapore!
While the earliest known historical records of Singapore are shrouded in the mists of time, a third century Chinese account describes it as "Pu-luo-chung", or the "island at the end of a peninsula". Later, the city was known as Temasek ("Sea Town"), when the first settlements were established from AD 1298-1299.
During the 14th century, this small but strategically located island earned a new name. According to the legend, Sang Nila Utama, a Prince from Palembang (the capital of Srivijaya), was out on a hunting trip when he caught sight of an animal he had never seen before. Taking it to be a good sign, he founded a city where the animal had been spotted, naming it “The Lion City” or Singapura, from the Sanskrit words “simha” (lion) and “pura” (city).
At this time, the city was then ruled by the five kings of ancient Singapura. Located at the tip of the Malay Peninsula, the natural meeting point of sea routes, the city served as a flourishing trading post for a wide variety of sea crafts, from Chinese junks, Indian vessels, Arab dhows and Portuguese battleships to Buginese schooners. Read more...
- Mercedes Benz W251 GL450 GL350 ML350 ML320 radio gps Mirrorlink 3G WIFI
- GLOBAL SOLUTION FINANCE COMPANY
- Business Loan - Apply For Quick Personal Loans
- How Entrepreneurial Traits Decide Fate of Your Company Incorporation Singapore?
- Fixing love spells- Most trusted & gifted Instant Working 0787019251 in Limpopo Capetown johannusbrg
- I WAS GRANTED $25 000 AT BEVERLY MORE LOAN FIRM, THANK GOD !
- Company Incorporation Singapore: How to Market Your SME?
- Company Incorporation Singapore Gives Access to 2.5 Billion Asian Consumers
- Company Incorporation Singapore: How To Name Your Business?
- Outsource Bookkeeping and Accounting Services to Drive Your Business Forward