Welcome to Singapore!
While the earliest known historical records of Singapore are shrouded in the mists of time, a third century Chinese account describes it as "Pu-luo-chung", or the "island at the end of a peninsula". Later, the city was known as Temasek ("Sea Town"), when the first settlements were established from AD 1298-1299.
During the 14th century, this small but strategically located island earned a new name. According to the legend, Sang Nila Utama, a Prince from Palembang (the capital of Srivijaya), was out on a hunting trip when he caught sight of an animal he had never seen before. Taking it to be a good sign, he founded a city where the animal had been spotted, naming it “The Lion City” or Singapura, from the Sanskrit words “simha” (lion) and “pura” (city). Read more...
How did you find Singapore Spot website?
- Singapore Forums - Let's talked
- Business / Company Directory - Free Listing
- Buy & Sell / Trade - Free Posting Products
- Find Job in Singapore - Free Posting or Apply Job
- Singapore Blogs
- Singapore Photos
- Find Hotels in Singapore
- Find House / Condo for Rent
- Find House / Condo for Sale
- Travel & Tours
- Bar & Restaurants
- List of Embassies
- Hotline Numbers
- Advance price action trading strategy for the prof
- In Business, Finance and Economics Discussions
- Last post by sandysr
- on Mar 30, 2017 (SGT)
- TUTORS WANTED! Are You Aware That Private Home Tut
- In Tutorials / Programming
- Last post by nanyanglearning1
- on Mar 03, 2017 (SGT)