Personalised Employment Pass


Obtain Your Singapore Personalised Employment Pass

Singapore Personalised Employment Pass, also known as PEP Singapore is the perfect visa if you are a foreigner seeking employment in Singapore but do not want to be engaged contractually to any specific employer for a time period up to five (5) years.

PEP Singapore is granted by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) based on the individual’s merits and professional accomplishments. It does not require the pass holder to have been already engaged by an employer in Singapore. However, note that upon collection of the visa, a new PEP holder has only a maximum of 6 months to seek employment in Singapore. Failure to secure an employment beyond the grace period will result in the Singapore work visa being revoked.

PEP Eligibility Requirements

You are eligible to apply for the PEP as long as you meet any of the following requirements:

  • Earn a minimum salary of S$7,000 per month (last drawn salary should not be older than 6 months at the time of application).
  • A former P1 category Employment Pass holder who resides overseas (likewise, please note that you should not be unemployed for more than a continuous period of six months at the point of application).
  • A current P1 category Employment Pass holder.
  • A current P2 category Employment Pass holder with at least two years of working experience in a P category of Employment Pass that earns an annual income of at least S$30,000.
  • A foreign graduate from institutions of higher learning in Singapore that has at least two years of working experience on a P or Q1 category Employment Pass (please take note that your annual income should be a minimum of S$30,000).

Note: PEP pass holders are not allowed to start their own company in Singapore.

Visa Passes for Family Members

All PEP holders can apply for Dependant’s Pass and/or Long-Term Visit Pass for their family members.

Dependant’s Pass

A P Pass holder can apply for Dependant’s Pass for his/her:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children under 21 years of age

If you are an employment or an EntrePass pass Holder, your spouse is eligible to work in Singapore as a dependant pass holder. However, your prospective employer is required to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) with Ministry of Manpower. (Note: Not eligible for S pass Holder)

Long-Term Visit Pass

A P Pass holder can also apply for Long-Term Visit Pass for their:

  • Common-law spouse
  • Unmarried children above 21 years of age
  • Stepchildren
  • Handicapped children
  • Parents/parents-in-law

Procedure and Timeline

Rikvin can submit all PEP applications online or manually to Ministry of Manpower.

The process consists of the following steps:

  1. Submission of application online for current EP holders. It takes Ministry of Manpower between 1-15 working days to process the application.
  2. Manual submission for first time applicants. The approval process takes longer: approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
  3. Upon receiving the In-principle Approval notification, we will make arrangement for the collection of your PEP.

Documents Required for Personalized Employment Pass Application

Rikvin will need the following documents for submission of PEP visa application in Singapore:

  • Resume or CV stating your educational and employment history (download Singapore Employment Pass Application form)
  • Copies of educational certificates and past employment testimonials
  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport
  • Appointment letter from the current employer
  • Copies of the last three months’ salary slip

*Any documents that are not in English must be translated into English by an official translation service.

Approval and Collection of Personalized Employment Pass

Once the application is approved, the Ministry of Manpower will issue an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter via email. The IPA letter must be produced upon collection of PEP at the Work Pass Division at Ministry of Manpower. An IPA letter is valid for Six months from the date of notification of approval.

To collect your PEP you will be required to present:

  • A copy of the IPA letter
  • Recently taken passport size photograph
  • Original passport with the entry embarkation cards
  • Medical exam report* (if the In-Principle Approval states that you require one)
  • Any other documents that are requested in the approval letter

* You can get a medical examination done in your own country through an established clinic/hospital or in Singapore. Most clinics in Singapore can provide medical examination and report within a day.

Entry Visa into Singapore

If you are overseas and require an entry visa to Singapore, your IPA letter will include a single journey entry visa. Upon your arrival in Singapore, we will make an appointment with Ministry of Manpower on your behalf for finger printing. Upon completing the procedures, your pass will be ready in 4 working days.

You may collect the pass at Ministry of Manpower personally or authorize Rikvin to collect it on your behalf.

Validity and Renewal of Personalized Employment Pass

Once issued, the PEP is valid for five (5) years and it is NOT renewable.

Rejection of Personalized Employment Pass Application

In the event that your PEP application is rejected by the MOM, Rikvin will investigate why your application has been rejected. Based on the reasons provided by MOM, we will submit an appeal that will address the issues outlined by MOM and also include additional documents as per their request, if any. MOM will take a minimum of three weeks or more to review your appeal.

Change of Employer

PEP holders do not need to apply for a new pass whenever they change employers. There is no need to cancel the existing pass prior to application for a new pass. However, PEP holders are only allowed up to six months to seek new employers between job change.

Permanent Residence Eligibility

PEP pass holders are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence through Professional, Technical & Skilled Workers scheme. There is no designated waiting period but since one of the documents required is salray record of 6 months, it is advisable to wait for at least six months prior to making the application.


source: rikvin