Training Pass


Singapore Training Pass

Foreigners undergoing practical training attachments for professional, managerial, executive or specialist jobs in Singapore are required to apply for a Singapore Training Employment Pass Visa.


Foreigners under the following categories may apply for the pass:

  • Undergraduates
    The training attachment in Singapore must be part of the trainee's degree programme from an acceptable educational institution; or
  • Intra-company trainees
    Companies can bring employees from their foreign offices/subsidiaries, to Singapore for professional or executive training. Intra-company trainees should hold a degree or diploma.

To qualify for the Singapore Training Employment Pass, the applicant should:

  • Earn a fixed monthly salary of more than $2,500; and/or
  • Hold acceptable tertiary/professional qualifications.
  • Foreign students who are 17-30 years old and studying in the United States, the United Kindom, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Hong Kong can alternatively consider applying for the Work Holiday Programme.

Applicants who do not meet the above criteria may wish to apply for a Training Work Permit instead. The applicant will be assessed based on the prevailing criteria for the Training Work Permit and can be attached to a company in Singapore for up to six months.


source: rikvin